McDonough District Hospital
ABOUT MCDONOUGH DISTRICT HOSPITAL
- MDH is a smaller, progressive, community based healthcare system servicing a patient catchment area of approximately 48,000 lives located in West Central Illinois
- Recently completed building expansion project of $54 million resulting in the expansion of primary care facilities, inpatient private rooms and a new emergency department
- Hospital wide, Cerner EMR implemented 2016
- New State of the Art Women's Center-opening Spring 2020
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
- Macomb, Illinois is home of Western Illinois University, a Princeton Review, "Best Midwestern College"
- Ranked by Realtor.com; "Most Affordable College Town to Live In."
- State recognized for academic excellence within Macomb Public Schools
- Two, lake recreational facilities within 10 miles of Macomb, IL
- Numerous cultural, athletic, academic enrichment opportunities, year round
- 75-90 miles from three, metropolitan areas
- Amtrak rail service; twice per day from Macomb to Union Station-Chicago, IL
McDonough District Hospital is centered in Macomb, Illinois, home to Division 1 Western Illinois University and Spoon River College. Macomb offers area residents numerous cultural, academic, and recreational venues. With only a three-hour drive to St. Louis and twice daily Amtrak service to Chicago, Macomb residents have ready access to even larger metropolitan areas. McDonough District Hospital has been a source of healing, caring, and hope since we first opened our doors to the people of western Illinois in 1958. Through the years, we have continually expanded our high quality services for people at all stages of their lives. Today, MDH is a 48-bed healthcare facility providing an impressive spectrum of advanced medical treatments and personalized health services. While our services have advanced, our commitment to providing healthcare in an atmosphere of compassion and caring has remained constant. Our doctors, APPs, and staff provide our patients and their families continuity of care, close to home making McDonough District Hospital our communities' first choice in healthcare. MDH is accredited by The Joint Commission and the Illinois Hospital Association.