Mercy Clinic Joplin
Mercy’s state-of-the-art hospital in Joplin, at I-44 and Main Street opened in March 2015– along with additional health care services in Joplin. The hospital includes expanded service lines to include medical surgical, critical care, women’s/children’s (labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms), behavioral health, and neonatal intensive care. The hospital is equipped with 200+ inpatient beds. In total, Mercy’s commitment to Joplin included upwards of $950 million – something unheard of in most communities today. Committed to the community since 1885 when the Sisters of Mercy first provided much needed health care to local miners. Those efforts continue today. This new footprint in Joplin will allow Mercy to deliver health care in a new way.
Mercy, named one of the top five large U.S. health systems in 2018, 2017, and 2016 by IBM Watson Health, serves millions annually. Mercy includes 40 acute care and specialty (heart, children’s, orthopedic and rehab) hospitals, more than 800 physician practices and outpatient facilities, 44,000 co-workers and more than 2,100 Mercy Clinic physicians in Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri and Oklahoma. Mercy also has outreach ministries in Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas.
- Located in the southwest corner of Missouri in an area referred to as the “Four States”
- Population of approximately 50,000 and a daytime population of 240,000
- Regional airport approximately 15 minutes from the hospital with two daily American Airlines flights to DFW and short drives to Kansas City, Tulsa, Bentonville, and Branson
- Small-town living with big city amenities
- Choose from public, private, or parochial schooling options along with a university
- Variety of the 4-seasons supporting an abundance of recreational activities for the entire family
- Home of KCUMB-Joplin, the country’s newest medical school
•Variety of the 4-seasons supporting an abundance of recreational activities for the entire family.
•Regional hub for 4-state area for employment, retail/shopping, and entertainment with access to large metropolitan areas in all directions within 2 hours or less.