Mercy Hospital South is the third-largest medical center in the St. Louis metropolitan area, serving families in St. Louis County, St. Louis City, Jefferson County, Franklin County, Saint Francois County and Sainte Genevieve County in Missouri, along with Monroe, Randolph and St. Clair counties in Illinois.
Our team offers advanced medical treatment in a number of specialties, including acute rehabilitation, cardiology, maternity services, oncology/cancer care, orthopedics, neurology/stroke, surgery and emergency medicine.
Mercy Hospital South is staffed and equipped to handle a full range of emergencies, from the smallest to the most critical.
Mercy Hospital South is a designated Level II Trauma Center – the only one in South St. Louis County and Jefferson County. This means resources are available to manage the care of critically-injured patients at all times.
Mercy Hospital South is among the first group of hospitals to be certified by the state of Missouri as a Level One STEMI (ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction) Center, the highest level of cardiac care available.
Mercy Hospital South has earned:
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Advanced Certification in Heart Failure. This symbol of quality reflects an organization’s commitment to providing safe and effective patient care
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines-Heart Failure Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
Mercy Hospital South is certified as a Level 1 Stroke Center, the highest level of stroke care available as accredited by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. It means we have the expertise and technological resources to quickly diagnose and treat any type of stroke within one hour of arrival.
Mercy Hospital South has also earned:
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval®
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advanced Certification for Primary Stroke Centers
- The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association's Get with the Guidelines–Stroke Gold Plus Achievement Award with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite Plus
Total Hip and Total Knee Replacements
Mercy Hospital South is one of the largest providers of total joint replacements in the St. Louis region. It has earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement Certification.
David M. Sindelar Cancer Center:
On Oct. 1, 2018, groundbreaking for the new David M. Sindelar Cancer Center began. The new cancer center will be a stand-alone comprehensive cancer care facility on the Mercy Hospital South campus. It will provide patients one location for diagnosis and treatment of all cancers, including enhanced technological capabilities along with access to oncology and surgical specialists. The facility also will include a new breast center. A connector will provide patients, visitors and co-workers access from the two-story, 70,000-square-foot center to the hospital. The new Cancer Center is expected to be completed in early 2020.
Medical services at Mercy Hospital South also include:
- Behavioral Health
- CARF-Accredited Acute Rehabilitation Unit
- Childbirth Center
- Endoscopy Center
- Home Health
- Hospice (including our de Greeff Hospice House)
- Imaging Services
- Outpatient Therapy Services
- Sleep Center
- Neurosurgery Services