Mercy Regional Medical Center
A few facts about Mercy and Durango:
About Mercy Regional Medical Center:
- New, 83 bed (all private room) campus – Construction finished in 2006.
- Regional Referral center with large catchment area.
- Currently employ 14 practices with the following specialties: oncology, nephrology, pulmonology, cardiology (Interventional and general), primary care, occupational medicine, general surgery, urology, rheumatology, infectious disease and travel medicine.
- This employed position offers a complete compensation package with full health benefits, malpractice coverage and much more.
- Durango is a flourishing mountain community that has named “Best River Town” by Outside Magazine and has been named a “Best Place to Live” by Money Magazine, Outside Magazine, Bike Magazine and Ski Magazine. It has also been a Tree City USA for 32 years and is a League of American Bicyclists Gold Community.
- Regional airport with direct daily flights to major hubs.
- Excellent public, charter and private school options.
- 4 year college in town with 3800 students.
- More restaurants per capita that San Francisco.
- JUST named a “Life is Better Here” town by Outside Magazine in 2013 (AGAIN)
I would highly recommend looking the videos in the next link – they offer a good perspective on the quality of life that we enjoy here in Durango –