MetroSouth Medical Center
MetroSouth Medical Center (MetroSouth) is a 314-bed, acute care hospital with a nationally-recognized cardiac program, stroke telemedicine with 24-hour neurology coverage, Senior Behavioral Health Unit, Level II + Birthing Center and 24-hour laborist and hospitalist coverage.
- Modern, 28-room ED and a 10-bed Fast Track with an efficient layout
- Broad clinical pathology caseload
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center designation in partnership with Rush Telemedicine Network
- Comprehensive ED sub-specialty coverage
- 24-hour Cardiac Cath Lab
- 14% Admission Rate
- 8 Physician provider hospitalist team
- Dedicated Nocturnist
- Average daily encounters: 53
- Team is supported by IAC RN to facilitate operations
- Procedural willingness preferred
- Sub-specialty support
Founded in 1905 as Saint Francis Hospital, MetroSouth Medical Center (2008) is located in the downtown, historic City of Blue Island, immediately adjacent to the southern end of Chicago and 18 miles south of downtown Chicago. Conveniently accessed with a Metra Train stop one block from the hospital, the proximity to Chicago also offers easy access to all the Chicagoland region has to offer- world class shopping, dining, cultural events, professional sports, outstanding educational institutions and convenient access to Midway airport.