It was the allure of Gold that brought people to Sacramento, now the city is alive with a vibrant riverfront, world-renowned museums, shopping, dining and a historic Landmark District. Practice where Sacramento is the star on the map of California and a city where the Sacramento “Kings” and the “Nuggets” reign as sports dynasties. But venture out of Sacramento and find an abundance of local farmland as Americas Farm-to-Fork Capital right here in the State’s Capital. There’s a little something for everyone in and around Sacramento!
• Sacramento’s multiple festivals and parks/golf courses are the perfect sanctuary away from the bustle of the city
• Enjoy 230 days of sunshine to enjoy the 32 miles of paved bike trails along the American River Parkway or a lazy day rafting down the American River from Historic Folsom to Sacramento
• If you want, you can also launch a boat and explore the waterways and enjoy a swim
• Culture abounds with world-class museums, performing arts, high-production Broadway-series musicals, community theatre and locally produced shows and art galleries or you can enjoy the plethora of hip coffee bars, restaurants or Indie shows
• For the baseball enthusiast, you don’t need to go to San Francisco to take in a game, the Sacramento River Cats, a minor league team in the Pacific Coast League, play every summer right across the river!
• Living in Sacramento allows for affordable housing with a median average price of a home $284,900
• Excellent Blue Ribbons schools (K-12) and Cal State Sacramento and Sacramento City College are also in Sacramento
• Sacramento has an international airport, and San Francisco’s international airport is just about 90 miles away!
• Take in a weekend getaway with the Bay Area 90 miles away; Napa is 60 miles away where enjoy the multiple wineries/restaurants; or head to the East and drive about two hours and enjoy skiing in Lake Tahoe!