It was the allure of gold that brought people to Sacramento, now the city is alive with a vibrant riverfront, world-renowned museums, shopping, dining and a historic landmark district. Practice where Sacramento is the star on the map of California and a city where the Sacramento “Kings” and the “Nuggets” reign as sports dynasties. But venture out of Sacramento and find an abundance of local farmland as Americas Farm-to-Fork Capital right here in the state’s capital. There’s a little something for everyone in and around Sacramento!
- Sacramento’s multiple festivals and parks/golf courses are the perfect sanctuary away from the bustle of the city
- Enjoy 230 days of sunshine and enjoy the 32 miles of paved bike trails along the American River Parkway or a lazy day rafting down the American River from Historic Folsom to Sacramento – if you want, you can also launch a boat and explore the waterways and enjoy a swim
- Culture abounds with world-class museums, performing arts, high-production Broadway-series musicals, community theater and locally produced shows and art galleries or you can enjoy the plethora of hip coffee bars, restaurants or indie shows
- For the baseball enthusiast, you don’t need to go to San Francisco to take in a game, the Sacramento River Cats, a minor league team in the Pacific Coast League, plays every summer right across the river
- Living in Sacramento allows for affordable housing with a median average price of a home at $284,900
- Excellent Blue Ribbons schools (K-12) and Cal State Sacramento and Sacramento City College are also in Sacramento
- Sacramento has an International Airport and San Francisco’s International airport is just about 90 miles away
- Take in a weekend getaway with the Bay Area 90 miles away; Napa is 60 miles away from where you can enjoy the multiple wineries/restaurants, or head to the East and drive about two hours and enjoy skiing in Lake Tahoe!