NYC Health + Hospitals
NYC Health + Hospitals is the largest public health care system in the nation, annually serving more than a million New Yorkers in more than 70 patient care locations across the city’s five boroughs. Our mission is to care for all, without exception.
A robust network of outpatient, neighborhood-based primary and specialty care centers anchors care coordination with the health system’s trauma centers, nursing homes, post-acute care centers, home care agency, and MetroPlus health plan – all supported by 11 essential hospitals. Join our physician team or learn more about us.
Working at NYC Health + Hospitals
Send your CV to:DOCS4NYC@nychhc.org
Our primary care teams are dedicated to caring for all New Yorkers, without exception. Our clinicians share an unwavering commitment to high quality health services and continuous innovation. Join our primary care physician team to:
Advance our mission to care for all, without exception.
- Our mission and values
- Latest news
Watch Video: Dr. Long on why we’re like no other health system
Grow through exceptional leadership and development opportunities.
- Professional development at NYC Health + Hospitals
- NYC Health + Hospitals/Simulation Center
Watch Video: Dr. Fatimi on establishing her new clinic
Take advantage of loan forgiveness programs.
- National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program
- Doctors Across New York Physician Loan Repayment Program
Watch Video: Dr. Singer on student debt relief
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF):
The federal government provides student loan forgiveness through its Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) to all qualifying public service employees. Your employment at NYC Health + Hospitals may allow you to take advantage of this program if you meet the program’s requirements. Please visit the PSLF website for eligibility information: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.
Leaders in Emerging Delivery Models
As the primary care team that keeps NYC healthy, our physicians are on the forefront of developing and adopting the kind of transformational, patient-centered, and collaborative care models that are essential to advancing population health:
- Our Accountable Care Organization (ACO) is the only program in the state to achieve shared savings for four consecutive years.
- More than 30 of our primary care sites hold the highest-level Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition from the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
- Focused on population health and care management, our various Centers of Excellence provide specialized care for a wide range of health conditions, such as diabetes.
- NYC Health + Hospitals was the first public health care system in the U.S. to mandate LGBTQ training for all staff members in 2011. We have established two Pride Health Centers within our health system, and 22 of our patient care locations have earned the Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s designation, “Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”. Learn more about services for LGBTQ New Yorkers.
At NYC Health + Hospitals, our staff is our most valuable asset. From generous time-off to various retirement and pension plans, we offer an excellent benefits package to every member of our team.
As a primary care doctor at NYC Health + Hospitals, you may qualify for loan forgiveness programs. Learn more about the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment Program and the Doctors Across New York Physician Loan Repayment Program.
Join Our Primary Care Physician Team