Northampton VA Medical Center
The Northampton VAMC provides psychiatric, substance abuse, and PTSD services as well as primary and secondary levels of medical care to a veteran population in western Massachusetts of more than 85,000 men and women. The medical center has 85 psychiatric beds and a 66-bed nursing home care unit located on the Northampton campus, and a 16-bed substance Abuse, Compensated Work Therapy, Transitional Residence located off-campus. Care is also provided at Community Based Outpatient Clinics in Springfield, Greenfield and Pittsfield.
There is an extensive network of residential settings from board and care homes to skilled nursing care. The Northampton VAMC has academic affiliations with schools in dentistry, nursing, psychology, optometry, occupational therapy, social work, pharmacy and other health professional and technical fields, as well as an affiliation for psychiatric residents with the Dartmouth Medical School and the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
Services are also available for veterans of the Global War on Terror.
Special Programs Include:
- Specialized Inpatient Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Program
- Inpatient Services for the Chronically Mentally Ill
- Substance Abuse Intensive Outpatient Program
- Homeless Veterans Programs
- Substance Abuse/ Compensated Work Therapy/ Transitional Residence
- Vocational Rehabilitation Therapy Program (Supported Employment, Transitional Work Experience, Incentive Therapy, Compensated Work Therapy)
- MOVE (Managing Overweight & Obesity for Veterans Everywhere) Program
- End of Life / Palliative Care
- Women Veterans Health Program
- Smoking Cessation
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics
In addition to our main facility in Northampton, we offer services in three community-based outpatient clinics. These clinics are located in —
- Greenfield, MA
- Pittsfield, MA
- Springfield, MA
- Worcester, MA
Honor America's veterans by providing exceptional health care that improves their health and well-being.Vision
- To be a patient-centered integrated health care organization for veterans providing excellent health care, research, and education;
- an organization where people choose to work;
- an active community partner;
- and a back-up for National emergencies.