Norton Healthcare is the Louisville, Ky. area's leading hospital and health care system (44 percent market share) and third largest private employer, providing care at more than 125 locations throughout Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana. The Louisville-based not-for-profit system includes five Louisville hospitals; five outpatient centers; 12 Norton Immediate Care Centers; 11,100 employees; nearly 700 employed medical providers; and about 2,300 total physicians on its medical staff. Norton Healthcare has consistently been recognized as one of the best places to work in Metro Louisville, the state of Kentucky and nationally.
Norton Medical Group, the practice management division of Norton Healthcare is very proud of our history of successfully employing physicians and providers to care for patients of our community and the surrounding region. What began in 1995 with several well-respected physician groups has grown to a network of nearly 700 primary, specialty and urgent care physicians, physician assistants and nurse practitioners serving patients at over 120 locations throughout Louisville, Southern Indiana and neighboring areas.
Standard Physician Job Description:
The physician is responsible for obtaining and legibly recording a detailed medical history of each patient, including, but not limited to, chief complaint, present condition, individual history, and family history; Performing appropriate physical examinations of each patient; Analyzing reports and/or findings of tests and personal examinations in order to assess the medical condition of the patient, including diagnosing the patient’s injury or illness and formulating a prognosis.
Graduate of an accredited medical school
Residency/Fellowship program certificate
Active/eligible to obtain a KY medical licensure
Norton Healthcare offers a competitive benefit package including:
- Medical Malpractice Insurance Coverage
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Continuing Medical Education Offerings
- Short and Long Term Disability
- 403b Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- College Savings Plan
- Children's Choice Day Care Center
- Downtown Fitness Center
- Free Parking
- Screening Requirements: Drug Screen & Criminal Background Check
Norton Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
• Bariatrics and weight management
• Breast surgery
• Cardiothoracic surgery
• General and family medicine
• Hospitalist services
• Infectious diseases
• Internal medicine
• Internal medicine and pediatrics
• Maternal-fetal medicine
• Neurology (general, critical care and inpatient)
• Obstetrics and gynecology
• Occupational medicine
• Orthopaedics (pediatric, trauma, arm & hand, foot & ankle, hip & pelvis, general & sports medicine)
• Pain management
• Pediatric radiology
• Physical medicine and rehabilitation
• Spine orthopaedics
• Urgent care
• Vascular surgery
Louisville trivia, facts and rankings
• Second-best housing market in the U.S. by Forbes.com.
• Kentucky state sales tax is 6 percent.
• There are more than 2,500 restaurants in Louisville.
• The population of the Louisville Metropolitan area exceeds 1.3 million people. The population of Jefferson County is more than 700,000, making Louisville one of the 20 largest cities in the United States.
• Tourism generates $200 million in state and local taxes annually.
• Average real estate sales price is $164,436 and average days on market is 85.
• Louisville is No. 1 in large metro areas to relocate families, according to
Sperlings BestPlaces, ERC Worldwide & Primacy Relocation
• Cost of living is 12 percent lower in Louisville than comparable
communities, according to the American Chamber of Commerce
Research Association (ACCRA)
• Named Best City for Small Business Growth by Entrepreneur magazine
• Louisville is 31st on Inc. magazine’s Top Places to Do Business in the U.S.