If you feel it’s time to get out of the snow and/or the cold weather, it may be time to head to the southwest! So many people are discovering the beauty New Mexico, why not YOU! Albuquerque sits outside the Sandia Mountains on the Rio Grande River with an abundance of year-round activities for the outdoor enthusiast. This metro area of nearly 1 million, the “505,” as it is referred to, offers you an amazing lifestyle to accompany this practice opportunity!
• Albuquerque has nearly 310 days of annual sunshine along with crisp clean dry air. After the sunsets, the sky reveals the Milky Way and millions of stars and planets that very few every get to see!
• We have a world-class art scene; over 19 local museums; fine dining with a variety of restaurants from many cultures; festivals (including the world renowned Albuquerque Balloon Festival); an array of shopping options; the NM State Fair; a night scene including over 40 local breweries and taprooms; cuisine rooted in the native American and old world flavors, new Mexico’s culinary treasure are the result of centuries of tradition enlivened with inventive modern twists; world class entertainment brought in by the many local casinos and enjoy the fine wines from the oldest wine-producing region in the United States as New Mexicans have been making wine for over 400 years
• Quick weekend getaways to Santa Fe (1 hr. north) and Taos (2.5 hrs. north) allowing for vacation options
• Unlimited four-season recreation hunting; fishing, 25 miles of slopes and trails for skiing, hiking and biking and snow skiing and world class golf courses open 364 days a year (both private and public)
• University town including the University of New Mexico (inc. a medical school and residency programs) and several community colleges as well. Albuquerque is also home to the tech industry and highly specialized government facilities including Los Alamos and Kirkland Air Force Base
• Excellent public and private schooling options available
• Ethnically diverse community with over 38 denominations of religious worship available
• Hotwire.com recently named Albuquerque in their top ten most affordable places to live. You have a variety housing choices with modern track homes to gorgeous gated communities
• Albuquerque International Sunport Airport is located right in heart of Albuquerque allowing for easy travel in and out of Albuquerque