Pali Momi Medical Center
About Pali Momi Medical Center
Pali Momi Medical Center is a nonprofit hospital located in West O‘ahu and dedicated to the health and well-being of all Hawai‘i residents. With 126 beds and more than 400 physicians on its medical staff, Pali Momi offers a full range of services. It has delivered many medical firsts for the community, including West O‘ahu’s only interventional cardiac catheterization unit for the detection and treatment of heart disease, a fully integrated minimally invasive surgical suite, CT scan and MRI services, emergency services, a Women’s Center and the state’s first Retina Center. Pali Momi is the only facility in Hawai‘i that utilizes a team triage approach in its Emergency Room, where patients are promptly evaluated by an emergency physician. Pali Momi was founded in 1989 and is an affiliate of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, the state’s largest health care provide.
• The mission of Pali Momi Medical Center is to improve and advocate for the health and well-being of our neighbors on O‘ahu. Many Firsts in Health Care for West O‘ahu Families
• Only interventional cardiac catheterization unit in West O‘ahu
• Advanced minimally invasive surgical technology
• State’s first gastrointestinal cancer physician consultation line & comprehensive treatment team
• Comprehensive Women’s Center
• First Retina Center in Hawai‘i
New in 2012
In order to continue Pali Momi’s commitment of bringing excellent care to the community, new advancements are coming to the campus:
• New Pali Momi Women’s Center, expanding services and size to meet community needs.
• New breast tomosynthesis – the newest technology in breast mammography
• New da Vinci surgical robot Recognition
• Pali Momi Women’s Center was awarded the Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the doctors who specialize in mammography and breast diagnostics –the American College of Radiology–placing Pali Momi in the top 8% nationally.
• 2012 American Heart Association’s “Get With The Guidelines” Gold Achievement Award for Heart Failure Care.
• 2012 HealthGrades® Report’s Outstanding Patient Experience Award (Ranked in the top 5% of hospitals nationwide).
• Mark Grief, M.D., Chair of the Board
• Ray Vara, President & Chief Executive Officer of Hawai‘i Pacific Health
• Jen Chahanovich, Chief Executive Officer of Pali Momi Medical Center
• Hugh Hazenfield, M.D., Chief Medical Officer
• James Kakuda, M.D., Chief of Staff
A Nonprofit Hospital
The Pali Momi Foundation supports the charitable mission of its nonprofit hospital affiliate, Pali Momi Medical Center, by raising funds to provide the people of Hawai‘i and the Pacific Region with specialty medical care, life-saving equipment, community outreach and education, and to further local research.