Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group
The Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group is a not-for-profit company that brings together physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other health care providers from two of South Carolina’s most respected organizations – Palmetto Health and the University of South Carolina School of Medicine. We are the Midlands region’s largest multispecialty, clinically integrated medical group and 11th largest employer.
Combining the medical excellence, compassionate care and clinical research expertise of the University of South Carolina School of Medicine with the advanced technologies of Palmetto Health, our health system partner, we go beyond caring for people to caring about people.
Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group includes:
- 87 physician practices in 100 locations
- Nearly 500 physicians and advanced care providers (including nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other providers who will care for patients)
- A staff of 2,700 team members
- 370,000 patients cared for by our providers
- One million patient visits last year to our providers.
- This is only the beginning of our transformation of how we deliver medical care to our community. Combining the heritage of a medical school that has taught many of the health care providers in our community and the patient-centric approach of a modern health care system, we offer the best of what both organizations have to offer.
Palmetto Health-USC Medical Group allows patients to access the depth and breadth of both of our parent organizations, offering improved care and expanded research collaboration opportunities. USC School of Medicine students will learn in an inter-professional and team-based environment, ensuring the next generation of physicians is positioned to build the knowledge they need to provide excellent care in the future.
We look to build something new by reimagining possibilities and are guided by our firm commitment to our Vision, “To be known for clinical excellence and remembered for compassionate care.”
In 2015, Medscape Medical News listed Columbia, SC as the 7th Best place to practice medicine. Centrally located in the state, Columbia is South Carolina's capital and home to most every amenity expected of a metropolitan area. From SEC and minor league sports to beautiful rivers and parks along with shopping and dining, Columbia offers something for every age and interest. This ideal location makes us only a couple of hours from some of the most spectacular beaches and lush Blue Ridge Mountains.