Platte Valley Medical Center
About Platte Valley Medical Center
We’re happy to tell you about us: our compassionate caregivers, our clinical excellence, our award-winning care and even our beautiful facilities and campuses. But when you trust us with your health, it’s really all about you. Our patients and families are the center of our thoughts, communications and actions.
Every interaction is an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. When you walk through Platte Valley Medical Center’s front door, you realize something is different. Classical music delights your ears, bright smiles warm your heart, fruited spa water quenches your thirst, and excellent care heals your hurts. Patients are guests and guests become family. Everyone is welcome and everyone is served.
Our health services include:
- Brighton – main hospital, chest pain, stroke and trauma center, along with two medical office buildings for doctors’ offices, a sleep lab, wound center, and outpatient imaging center.
- Commerce City (Reunion area) – pediatrics, family medicine, internal medicine, and obstetrics, gynecology and high risk pregnancy care are within the medical plaza next to King Soopers on Chambers Road and 104th Avenue.
- Fort Lupton – a walk-in clinic for urgent visits, occupational and family medical care are located in the medical plaza next to Safeway.
Here’s a snapshot of who we are and what we do:
- Births: 14,872
- Emergency visits: 312,169
- Inpatient surgeries: 26,319
- Outpatient surgeries: 32,154
- Outpatient visits: 1,152,453
*Statistics based on year-end 2015 results.
Brighton, Colorado, in Adams county, is 11 miles NE of Thornton, Colorado and 19 miles NE of Denver, Colorado. The city is conveniently located inside the Denver metropolitan area.
Brighton and nearby Attractions
- Fort Vasquez
- Adams County Historical Society
- Forney Museum of Transportation
- Magers Reservoir
- Benedict Park
- Barr Lake State Park
Things To Do In Brighton
From Brighton, one can visit Fort Vasquez, which was once an important Native American trading center. The Forney Museum of Transportation, Fort Vasquez Museum, Longmont Museum, and the Miners Museum are also close by. The Magers Reservoir and Higgins Lake are also popular spots. The Benedict Park and the Barr Lake State Park are ideal destinations for a day trip with family and friends.