Research Psychiatric Center
For over 24 years Research Psychiatric Center has offered a complete range of acute inpatient, day treatment and community-based outpatient behavioral healthcare. In our 100 bed facility, we treat children, adolescents, adults and senior adults for emotional disorders, mental illness and substance abuse.
Our professional staff includes psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers and licensed professional counselors, all with special training to care for people with emotional or behavioral disorders. We are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and from the State of Missouri.
Research Psychiatric Center is one of the few comprehensive inpatient psychiatric facilities in the metropolitan area. The inpatient facility is located adjacent to Research Medical Center and offers comprehensive inpatient psychiatric services. In addition, the hospital has two outpatient clinics located in Independence, Missouri, and Overland Park, Kansas, offering a variety of counseling and crisis intervention services including:
- Adolescent Counseling
- Mental Health and Substance Abuse treatment
- Outpatient Counseling
- Psychiatric Medication Management
About Kansas City:
- Kansas City consistently ranks as one of the top 10 places to live in the U.S.
- The Kansas City region is a two-state region home to more than 2.5 million people, comprised of 18 counties and 50 communities--offering a diverse economy that mirrors the U.S., allowing companies to take calculated risk and test new products.
- Home to corporate headquarters giants including Cerner, AMC, Garmin, Hallmark and H&R Block, among many others!
- KCI features 10 major airlines and the fewest flight delays, making travel easy. With non-stop flights available, you can be on either coast in 3 hours or less. New airport enhancements and renovations underway!
- On average, housing in KC is 22 percent less than the U.S. average and the average commute time is 23 minutes or less. The affordability and balance in lifestyle allow you to propel yourself personally faster without compromising your ability to access world-class shopping, dining, entertainment, and sporting events!
- Kansas City is a community that feeds your passion-regardless of your interests outside of the workplace. For the sports enthusiast-check out the KC Chiefs, Sporting KC and KC Royals. For the food enthusiast-KC features four James Beard Award winning chefs and about a dozen finalists. For the creative and cultural aficionado-- internationally known museums, dynamic gallery districts and outstanding performances create a colorful palette for locals to enjoy.
- Kansas City ranked No. 19 on Forbes' list of the 20 Happiest Cities to Work in Right Now. Eight key factors were considered when creating this list including work-life balance, compensation, opportunities for advancement, resources and more. Forbes, The Huffington Post, National Geographic, CNBC and Thrillist all agree, Kansas City is a top place to live and work.