Rio Grande Regional Hospital
COMMUNITY: The Rio Grande Valley offers quality of life coupled with a low cost of living. This dynamic community makes it easy to enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle in the lap of tropical luxury. www.McAllen.org) McAllen is a city of 165,000 people located in The Rio Grande Valley about 90 miles west of the South Texas Gulf Coast. The Rio Grande Valley is home to over 1.3 million residents.
- The Rio Grande Valley boasts a stable local economy, various cultural and recreational amenities, and was named one of the top 25 Housing Markets in the country by Forbes Magazine.
- McAllen has one of the lowest crime rates of any city in America, with 122 violent crimes per 100,000 residents and ranking it at number 7 on Smart Asset's list of "Safest Cities in America".
- McAllen was ranked as the #1 city for Quality of Life based on US News & World Report's 2016 100 Best Places to Live (and was ranked #89 overall).
FACILITY: Serving area residents since 1982, Rio Grande Regional Hospital (www.RioHealth.com) is a full-service acute care hospital offering all major specialties. A recent $65 million expansion added a five-story tower which increased capacity from 201 to 320 beds, and included the addition of state-of-the-art diagnostic, imaging and treatment equipment and technology to maintain the hospital's commitment to excellence. The hospital has been rated among the top 5% of all hospitals in the country for overall clinical performance.
- A leading edge, modern emergency department with Level III trauma center is located at the main hospital. Two community-based, 24-hour ERs also serve McAllen/Mission and Edinburg.
- A full-service cardiovascular care department offers full-scope treatment of events like heart attack and stroke to the treatment of underlying heart and peripheral vascular diseases.
- The Texas Transplant Institute (TTI) satellite program provides convenient and comfortable care to local patients in need of stem cell transplants.
- Diabetes management services offers a range of services including ongoing care to support groups and self-management classes.
- RGRH provides on-site imaging services and 24-hour laboratory services, including two community-based outpatient labs.