Rutgers Department of Neurological Surgery
Pediatric Neurosurgeon Description
The Department of Neurosurgery at Rutgers Health provides comprehensive adult and pediatric neurosurgical services for conditions relating to the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves. Led by expert faculty physicians affiliated with Rutgers New Jersey Medical School. The ACGME accredited categorical Neurosurgical Residency Training Program at Rutgers NJMS provides Neurosurgical training at the highest levels of clinical expertise and technological proficiency.
Rutgers Department of Neurological Surgery at Rutgers New Jersey Medical School is seeking a board-certified/board-eligible Neurosurgeon with a completed fellowship in Pediatric Neurosurgery for a faculty position at the rank of Associate Professor (non-tenure, clinical track). This opportunity calls for a neurosurgeon interested in specifically building upon the long-established service at University Hospital, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center, St. Barnabas Medical Center, and building a relationship with other smaller hospitals
- Provide academic and clinical leadership in the continued efforts of developing a strong national reputation for the department;
- Participate in general Neurological Surgery Call at University Hospital (UH), Newark Beth Israel Hospital (NBI) and any other contractual arrangements made by the department of Neurosurgery for clinical services;
- Further develop the Rutgers pediatric neurosurgical program in conjunction with existing faculty.
- Contribute to resident education in the OR and through academic curriculum development;
- Participate in education and mentorship of medical students;
- Extensive research productivity in Pediatric Neurosurgery;
- Obtain grant funding to further research efforts;
- Establish a busy clinical referral base;
- All medical records should be completed in accordance with NJMS and hospital policies;
- Complete medical records within 7 days of the date of service;
- Complete all charge submissions within 14 days of the date of service;
- Complete Medicare time studies or such other documents required for documenting services under the program and for documenting services as outlined in this letter; and
- Fulfill other duties as determined by the Chair in support of the Department of Neurological Surgery.
- Board-certified/Board-eligible in Neurosurgery
- Completed fellowship training in Pediatric Neurosurgery before date of hire
- License to practice medicine in the New Jersey before date of hire.
Additional Position Information:
The Rutgers New Jersey Medical School Department of Neurological Surgery is a patient focused practice distinguished by collaboration, excellence, leadership, and respect. The department values candidates who are committed to fostering and furthering the culture of compassion, collaboration, innovation, accountability, diversity, integrity, quality, and trust that is integral to our mission.
Individuals from historically underrepresented groups, such as minorities, women, qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.