Rutland Regional Medical Center
Practice Medicine...Practice Life...
Explore the professional opportunities at Rutland Regional Medical Center, Vermont’s second-largest health care facility. Founded more than 100 years ago, Rutland Regional has a long-established tradition of providing quality health care to, and participating actively in, our community.
Today, our 188-bed facility, which has undergone extensive renovations and technology upgrades as recently as this year, is considered one of the most accessible, modern medical centers in the area. Rutland Regional continually updates its equipment and facilities in an effort to best serve the people and institutions of Rutland County and the surrounding area.
To be the best community hospital and health system in New England
Rutland Regional Medical Center, a fully licensed and JCAHO-accredited facility
- Counts more than 190 physicians, trained in 37 specialty areas, among its medical staff
- Sits equidistance from two tertiary care centers, both within driving distance or accessible by helicopter in emergencies: Fletcher Allen Health Care (Burlington, Vermont) and Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, New Hampshire)
- Coordinates with learning preceptor programs hosted by the University of Vermont College of Medicine and the Castleton State College School of Nursing
- Houses the New England School of Radiologic Technology, one of the nation’s oldest and most respected radiography training programs
- Receives consistently high patient satisfaction scores as surveyed
by the nationally recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Measurement System
- Has embarked upon a multi-year quest for the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Program Award and Magnet Status for Nursing
ABOUT OUR COMMUNITY
For the Entire Family
Rutland Regional’s location in beautiful Rutland County, Vermont, is central to some of the State’s most sought-after recreation and entertainment destinations. A historic theater, several well-known ski resorts, outlet shopping, and even three major airports are all within driving
distance…without the traffic, high cost of living and other hassles of living and working in a large metropolitan area.
Practice medicine in a classic New England city. Rutland is the second largest city in the state of Vermont. Located at the base of Killington Ski Resort, the largest ski resort on the east coast that has over 200 trails. Rutland offers four seasons of outdoor recreation ranging from downhill or x-country skiing, ice skating, and cozy nights by the fire in the winter, to swimming, sailing, hunting, and fishing in the summer. From the spring through the fall you can enjoy biking or hiking through our beautiful state. For the avid golfer, we can boast about our many challenging courses that surround Rutland. Choose a lively, city neighborhood or a more idyllic setting in a rural farming community. Get a mountain view or your own piece of waterfront. It’s quite likely that, here in the Rutland Region, your real estate dollar will go much farther than in larger metropolitan areas, buying you a larger house, a bigger yard, a safer and healthier neighborhood, and other attractive features.
What better setting for growing your medical practice, making your
home and raising your family?
The Rutland Region offers so much…
- Four-season recreation including skiing, snowboarding,
golf, hiking, fishing, boating and waterskiing
- Unspoiled natural beauty throughout the
Green Mountains, Lake Champlain, and the
- Year-round performances at the restored
Paramount Theatre showcasing both local
and national talent
- A thriving arts community of galleries,
museums and working studios
- Shopping at area specialty stores within the Downtown Rutland business district and at famous-name outlets
- A strong public school system, as well as a number
of private schools, supported by active community
- Numerous churches, several synagogues, and
other places of worship
- Outstanding colleges within a one-hour drive
- Easy travel by train, car or plane to Burlington, Albany, Boston, New York City, New Jersey, the Maine Seacoast and Montreal, Quebec
Sound tempting? Come experience Rutland Regional for yourself. It’s
the opportunity of a lifetime: A chance to do what you love in a
s etting you’ll adore.