Salem Community Hospital 1
Over thirty different departments work together at Salem Community Hospital to provide healthcare services for the residents of Salem and the surrounding communities.
In the event of a serious illness, Salem Community Hospital has sophisticated technology to provide patients with specialized critical care. The combined Intensive and Coronary Care Units (ICU and CCU) feature advanced support equipment for specific needs. The Definitive Care Unit (DCU) provides around-the-clock medical attention and is considered the intermediate care unit
Hospitalist Program Profile
- beds: 252
- physicians: more than 155
- teaching affiliation: Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
IMS hospitalist program profile
- 24 Hour in house program/practice
- Medical Management and Consultation for inpatients referred by private PCPs and unassigned with good payor mix.
- Co-Management of some ICU patients with Critical Care Physicians on staff.
- Manage codes and RRTs
- Eight hour work days.
- Average patient load per physician: 18 patients
- Base salary $180,000 to $190,000
- Potential 30 to 50 percent productivity bonuses
- Vacation 6-7 weeks per year