Schneck Medical Center
Schneck Medical Center is in constant pursuit of ways to provide excellent care. In the last 100 years, we have evolved from a 17-bed hospital to one of the most respected health institutions in the nation.
Today, Schneck is the only organization in Indiana to be honored with the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award, the nation's highest presidential honor for quality and performance excellence. Becker's Hospital Review named it one of the nation's Top 100 Great Hospitals, one of the nation's Top 100 Great Community Hospitals and its CEO was recognized as one of the nation's Top 100 Leaders of Hospitals.
Schneck is among only seven percent of hospitals nationwide that have achieved Magnet status from the American Nurse Credentialing Center. Schneck's Cancer Center has been honored by the American College of Surgeons for excellence as the recipient of a commendation from the Commission on Cancer and the Outstanding Achievement Award for cancer care. Its Women's Imaging Center has been designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. And, its hip and knee replacement programs have received The Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval for quality and safety.
Schneck has been named as one of Indiana's "Best Places to Work" and recognized nationally as a "Best Place to Work" in healthcare by Becker's Hospital Review, Modern Healthcare magazine, and HealthExecNews. It has also been ranked as the #1 Most Nurse-Friendly Hospital in the nation by TopRNtoBSN and Best Hospital Finance Department by Healthcare Finance News.
- 93 private-patient suites
- 188 physicians
- Over 850 associates
- 84,000-square-foot outpatient care center
- Medical Simulation Lab provides a real-world environment to learn, practice, and master the latest techniques in patient care.
- Schneck Family Care offers primary care, diagnostic imaging, and laboratory services in three convenient locations.
Services & Programs
- Orthopedics & Sports Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Cancer Center
- Surgical Weight Loss
- Pelvic Health
- Vein Center
- Integrative Medicine Center
- Wound Care
- Outpatient Infusion
- da Vinci Si Surgical System
- Two high definition, low-radiation emitting CT scanners
- Digital mammography with CAD (computer-aided detection)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Signa HDx 1.5T MRI
- All-digital radiology suites
- Telemetry monitoring
- Electronic medical record
- HUGS infant security system
- Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award- National Institute of Standards and Technology, United States Department of Commerce, 2011
- Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence- American Nurses Credentialing Center, 2006-2014
- Quest for Quality Citation of Merit- American Hospital Association, 2015
- #1 Most Nurse-Friendly Hosptial-TopRNtoBSN, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Grassroots Champion Award- Warren Forgey, President/CEO- American Hospital Association, 2015
- Best Hosptial Finance Department- Healthcare Finace News, 2014
- Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction- Press Ganey, 2013
- Excellence in Engagement Award-The Advisory Board Company, 2013
- Top 100 Great Hospitals- Becker's Hospital Review, 2012, 2013
- Top 100 Leaders of Great Hospitals- Becker's Hospital Review, 2012, 2013
- Top 25 Hospitals to Work For- HealthExecNews, 2012
- Top 100 Great Places to Work in Healthcare- Becker's Hospital Review, 2013, 2015
- Top 100 Great Community Hospital- Becker's Hospital Review, 2013
- Indiana University Community Civic Engagement Award- Indiana University, 2013
- Peak Award for Patient Experience- VHA, 2010, 2012
- Partner for Change Award (2012,2013,2014) and Partner Recognition Award (2011) for environmental excellence- Practice Greenhealth
- Indiana's Best Places to Work- Indiana Chamber of Commerce, 2009, 2010
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare- Modern Healthcare magazine, 2009
- Centennial Business Award- Indiana Historical Society, 2011
Excellence in Patient Care
- The Joint Commission Top Performers on Key Quality Measures--Pneumonia and Surgical Care
- The Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval-Hip and Knee Replacement Program
- Beacon Award for Excellence, Gold Level- American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- NICHE Designation, Exemplar Status- Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders Program
- Commendation from the Commission on Cancer and the Outstanding Achievement Award- American College of Surgeons
- Outstanding Contributions to Cancer Control Award- Indiana Caner Consortium
- Heart Failure Certification- Society of Chest Pain Centers
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence- American College of Radiology
- HomeCare Elite Top Agency- OCS Home Care
- Home Health Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems Honors Award- Deyta
- Quality Respiratory Care Recognition- American Assocations for Respiratory Care
- MRI Accreditation- American College of Radiology
- Mammography Accreditation- American College of Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine Accreditation- American College of Radiology
- Clinical Excellence Award for Pneumonia Care- VHA
Community outreach programs include support groups, wellness screenings, health fairs, and lectures throughout the year. Other programs include:
- Spirit of Women- an integrated partnership of hospitials and healthcare systesms across the country that aim to drive health action for women and their families through health fairs, lectures, and education.
- Schneck Foundation Healthy Communitites- programming which educates on health issues important to the community.
- EPiC- Employee Partners Invested in Caring- Nearly 80% of Schneck employees are members of EPiC- the employee arm of the Schneck Foundation. This membership exceeds the nation average of 34%.
- Scholarship Program- Residents of local communitites interested in pursuing careers in allied health, nursing, or medicine can apply for tution assistance through Schneck's robust scholarship program.
- Admissions 2,715
- Births 724
- Emergency Department Visits 31,419
- Surgical Procedures 6,579
- Outpatient Registrations 241,518
- Charity Care $1,997,839