Self Regional Healthcare
Greenwood is located in western South Carolina near the middle of the Piedmont Plateau. The city is 74 miles west of Columbia, the state capital.
City - Greenwood, South Carolina:
Town of 25,000
County of 65,000
Referral population of 200,000
This population base allows for the diverse private practice/specialty profile of Greenwood, i.e., group practices with one of each group assigned to the hospital, which assures easy consultation.
Site of the Upper Savannah Area Health Education Center for nine counties: Abbeville, Aiken, Anderson, Edgefield, Greenwood, Laurens, McCormick, Oconee and Saluda.
A college town. Lander University is a 3,000 student body, liberal arts (state-supported) school. NCAA-II nationally recognized athletic teams in tennis, basketball and soccer.
Self Regional Healthcare:
- 421 beds (disproportionate to size of city because of the large referral population)
- Fully equipped with state of the art diagnostic equipment including CT, MRI, and Nuclear Medicine
- Lithotripsy and MRI began in 1990.
- All major specialties represented.
- Emergency Room - A busy service (over 40,000 annual visits), well-supervised with full-time residency trained emergency medicine specialists.
- Ambulatory care (Urgicare Center) is associated with E.D. New state-of-the-art facility opened July, 1998.
- Neonatal intensive care with neonatologist coverage.
- Modern, state-of-the-art peripheral vascular lab with Board Certified, Fellowship Trained vascular surgeons.
- Medical staff of more than 180 physicians, the majority of which participate in the teaching with our accredited family medicine residency program.
- Surgery facilities to include 10 OR's in the Medical Center and five OR's in the Outpatient Surgery Center.
- 27-Bed Transitional Care Unit with comprehensive rehabilitation program.
- Free Standing Imaging Center with open air MRI.
- 17,000 SF Health and Fitness Center.
Cath labs, birthing center and new ICU/CCU completed in 1990.
- New Heart Center and CICU opened in 2001. Third cath lab currently being completed.
- Beautiful outpatient rehabilitation center with all modes of therapy to include cardiac, physical, aquatic, industrial, occupational, and speech.