Sikeston, MO is geographically situated just north of the "Missouri Bootheel", although many locals consider Sikeston a part of it. Sikeston is close to the halfway point between St. Louis, Missouri and Memphis, Tennessee and 4 hours away from Nashville, Tennessee. Sikeston
is the principal city of the Sikeston Micropolitan Statistical Area, which consists of all of Scott County, and has a total population of 41,143. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 16,318, making it the fourth-most populous city in Missouri's 8th Congressional district behind Cape Girardeau, Rolla, and Poplar Bluff and just ahead of Farmington.
Home to many of Missouri's spring-fed streams and crystal clear waters, Southeast Missouri truly is a haven for nature lovers. The extreme southeastern corner, known as the “Bootheel” because of its shape, is rich in Missouri history and agriculture. Southeast Missouri gives you the feel of the Deep South with the southern drawls, cotton fields and home cooking. The Ozark National Scenic Riverways are also home to some of the most beautiful countryside and trails and streams in the country. So, whether your family is hiking, exploring caves or floating down a winding stream, you'll never want to leave the region.
Sikeston, Missouri VA Community-Based Outpatient Clinic Features:
- Primary care services for veterans in Sikeston metro area
- Behavioral Health services including individual, and group, programs such as Smoking Cessation
- Personal Care: Highly qualified primary care providers, specialty care referrals to the Poplar Bluff VA Medical Center
- Laboratory: Blood drawing services available
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through mail or My HealtheVet