Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center
Spotsylvania Regional Medical Center is a 133-bed medical/surgical hospital located in Fredericksburg, Virginia. Since our opening in June of 2010, the facility has been dedicated to serving and improving the health of our community, offering:
- 24-hour emergency department care
- Advanced technology operating rooms
- Surgical services including: orthopedics, spine, bariatric, ENT, urology, oncology, vascular, gynecological and plastic surgery
- Obstetrics and maternity care, including lactation services, childbirth education classes and perinatology services
- Newborn care, including a level 2 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Radiology imaging services including X-ray, ultrasound, mammography, CT, MRI, interventional radiology and nuclear medicine
- Physical therapy, Occupational therapy and Speech therapy for children and adults
- An Intensive Care Unit (ICU) and step-down Progressive Care Unit (PCU)
- Cardiac Care including cardiac catheterization, EKG, coronary interventions and electrophysiology studies with pacemaker & defibrillator implants
- Inpatient Psychiatric behavioral health services
- A state-of-the-art Cancer Center including radiation therapy, infusion services and stereotactic radiosurgery.
SRMC, an HCA Virginia facility, is an Accredited Chest Pain Center with the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care, a designated Center of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG), and is certified by the National Institute for Care of Hospitalized Elderly (NICHE). SRMC has been recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
Fredericksburg is conveniently located one hour south of Washington, D.C. and one hour north of Richmond, VA, in one of the most rapidly growing areas of the country. As the place of George Washington's boyhood home and the location of five civil war era battles, US history abounds. Residents are offered a wide range of choices in where to shop and dine, as well as abundant recreational and cultural opportunities, including performing arts at the University of Mary Washington and Riverside Theater, the area Children's museum, a myriad of downtown galleries, and the studio of American impressionist Gari Melchers. The area hosts festivals and events annually, including farmers markets, First Fridays, and the Marine Corps half Marathon. Affordable housing includes sprawling farmland, family-friendly gated communities, and downtown modern apartments. The options for outdoor adventure are endless, with year-round hiking, golf, fishing, and water sports on the Rappahannock River and nearby Lake Anna, with just a two hour drive to Virginia's beaches or the mountains. Come discover why what has been hailed as "the perfect getaway city in Virginia" is also the perfect place to call home!