Springs Memorial Hospital
Springs Memorial Hospital's Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center provides specialized treatment for chronic or non-healing wounds. These sores or wounds have not significantly improved from conventional treatments and may be associated with inadequate circulation, poorly functioning veins, and immobility. When wounds persist, a specialized approach is required for healing. Typically, a wound that does not respond to normal medical care within 30 days is considered a problem or chronic wound.
The Wound Care and Hyperbaric Center offers treatment options including debridement, dressing selection, special shoes, and patient education. We use an interdisciplinary model of care, including infectious-disease management, physical therapy, occupational therapy, laboratory evaluation, nutritional management, pain management, diabetic education, radiology testing, and debridement to address total patient health.
A Comprehensive Team of Specialists
Our center is designed to complement your physicians' services and is committed to the treatment of chronic or non-healing wounds. The center is made up of a team of professionals, including:
- Physicians with advanced training in wound management and hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Nursing staff trained in the care of chronic wounds
- Technicians who perform non-invasive studies and various therapies
- Experienced staff to assist with appointments, medical records, and health insurance processing
- A personalized wound treatment program