St. Joseph's Health
St. Joseph’s Health is a regional non-profit health care system based in Syracuse, NY. St. Joseph’s has been an innovative leader in health care since it's founding in 1869 as the first hospital open to the public in the city of Syracuse. Offering primary, specialty and home care, a Magnet-recognized hospital, and collaboration with community partners, St. Joseph’s Health advances the well-being of the communities we serve through an expanding range of services to ensure our patients achieve optimum long-term health.
A nationally recognized leader in cardiovascular and orthopedic surgical care, the 451-bed comprehensive medical care institution is advancing the standards of care through innovative technologies and improvement in patient care. Our state-of-the-art ambulatory surgery center offers outpatient surgery services that do not require an overnight stay.
- Part of Trinity Health, a Catholic national health care system
- Best Regional Hospital by US News and World Report
- Only Magnet designated hospital in Central New York
- Safety Grade ‘A’ rating from Leapfrog® Hospital Safety Grades
- Only ACE (Accreditation for Cardiac Excellence) accredited hospital in C.N.Y. in all three cardiovascular disciplines: Diagnostic Cath, PCI and Carotid Artery Stenting (CAS).
Emergency Department Information:
- 64,0000 annual volume
- 54 Bed ED including Fast track area with 12 rooms
- Multiple Physician/ Provider coverage at all times
- Multiple sub specialty consultations available- including Ob 24/7 coverage, CPEP/Inpatient psych
- Dedicated CT scanner, 2 x-ray rooms and ultrasound functioning 24/7
U.S. News & World Report ranks Syracuse as one of the best places to live in the nation, thanks to quality of life, affordability, and lower crime rates than similarly sized metro areas. Syracuse is known as the 20-minute city. Work and play are always close by. U.S. News & World Report says such convenience is a great perk of living in Syracuse. No wasting time in traffic jams on the way to work in the morning – or heading home at night.
Syracuse is your spot for four-season fun. The gateway to the Finger Lakes region (over 100 wineries, lots of wine, beer, and cheese tasting) and centrally located in the heart of New York State, you’ll enjoy exploring the scenic outdoor parks, fantastic food scene and our year-round festivals.