St. Mary's Hospital - NEO
Envision Physician Services is seeking a board certified Neonatologist to join the team at St. Mary’s Hospital in Athens, GA. St. Mary’s is a high-functioning Level II NICU with room to grow! The unit is primed for the right team to come in to advance the level of care and grow the well-established service line. The ideal candidate has a passion for Level II care and achieving the long-term goal of becoming a Level III NICU.
- High-functioning Level II NICU with hopes of moving to Level III!
- Week on/off schedule for work life balance (Off 6 months out of the year!)
- Opportunity to help in advancing the level of care through education and the development of evidence-based practice guidelines and QI work!
- Comprehensive benefits including malpractice, medical, dental, vision, and 401k (Starts day 1)
- Staffing Model: 2 Neonatologists
- Schedule: Week on/off
- In-house during the day
- Call from home at night
- Coverage includes:
- 13-bed Level II NICU
- Newborn care in newborn nursery
- Attendance at high-risk deliveries
- 2019 Data
- Deliveries: 1,800
- NICU Admissions: 220
- ADC: 7
- Strong nursing team with lot of experience and advanced skills
- Hospital in the process of implementing Epic for their EMR
- Opportunities to teach Medical students and the occasional Nursing student
- Local pediatric subspecialty support includes Cardiology, Neurology, and a Retina Specialist as well as telephone consults with Emory for all other subspecialty needs
At St. Mary's, we are dedicated to our mission to be a compassionate and transforming healing presence in the communities we serve. St. Mary's is much more than a hospital. We are a health care ministry that includes three hospitals, numerous physician practices, our region's first medical residency program, one of the state's pioneering home health care/hospice services, a retirement community, extensive outpatient services, and much more. We are proud to be part of Trinity Health, one of the nation's largest Catholic healthcare organizations. Partnering with Trinity, we not only are able to bring the strength of a national healthcare ministry to our communities, we are on the leading edge of helping to develop best practices that will have an impact across America.
Athens is a city in northeast Georgia. The eclectic college town of Athens is 61 miles northeast of Atlanta, nestled just below the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. A vibrant, restored Victorian-era downtown teems with art galleries, trendy shops, world-renowned nightclubs and distinctive dining. Historic architecture and impressive gardens complete the unique blend of traditional heritage and trend-setting southern culture. The vibe and energy that gave birth to R.E.M and the B-52’s are alive and well today! Visit our website for complete travel information, including online reservations, calendar of events, special offers, and music samples.
With over 30 years of high-quality Women’s & Children’s services and more than 100 service contracts, Envision Physician Services is a trusted strategic partner for established hospitals and health systems. Combining a national infrastructure with local support, our breadth and depth of clinical and operational resources allow our physicians to spend more time on what matters: delivering high-quality care. We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package effective on day one, and malpractice insurance with tail coverage.