Straub Medical Center
Experience fully integrated health care at Straub Medical Center.
About Straub Medical Center:
Founded in 1921, Straub Medical Center is a fully integrated not-for-profit health care provider with a 159-bed hospital in Honolulu, a network of neighborhood clinics and a visiting specialist program that reaches throughout the state of Hawai‘i. With more than 400 employed or contracted physicians who are leaders in their fields, Straub provides its patients with expert diagnoses and treatments for more than 32 different medical specialties, including bone and joint, heart, cancer, endocrinology/diabetes, family medicine, gastroenterology, geriatric medicine, internal medicine, women’s health, vascular and urology. Straub is home to the Pacific Region’s only multi-disciplinary burn treatment center. The hospital consistently brings new technologies and innovative medical practices to Hawai‘i, such as minimally invasive cardiac surgery and total joint replacement. Straub is an affiliate of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, one of the state’s largest health care networks.
The mission of Straub Medical Center is to create a healthier Hawai‘i.
Straub Medical Center was founded in 1921 as “The Clinic” by Dr. George F. Straub. Dr. Straub conceived the idea of forming a group of physicians to provide better, more-specialized care for his patients. Straub Clinic & Hospital became an affiliate of Hawai‘i Pacific Health on Dec. 21, 2001.
• Healthgrades 2015 Patient Safety Excellence Award™; top 5 percent nationwide
• Healthgrades 2015 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™; top 5 percent nationwide
• Level I & III Patient-Centered Medical Home designation from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
• Awarded an “A” in Spring 2014 and 2015 Hospital Safety Score by the Leapfrog Group
• 2014 Premier Partnership for Patients Award
• 2014 Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citations of Merit Tradition of Medical Firsts in Hawai‘i
A Not-for-Profit Organization:
Straub Medical Center is part of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, a not-for-profit health care network. It raises funds through Straub Health
Foundation to provide the people of Hawai‘i and the Pacific Region with specialty medical care, life-saving services, community
outreach and education, and to further local research.
Learn more at straubhealth.org.