Summa Health System
Summa Health System- headquartered in Akron, Ohio—is one of the largest integrated delivery systems in the state. This nonprofit system encompasses a network of hospitals, community–based health centers, a health plan, a multi-specialty group practice, an entrepreneurial entity, research and medical education and multiple foundations.
Summa Health System is nationally renowned for exceptional patient care and is a model of excellence and an international resource for the study of geriatric medicine. The organization offers exceptional approaches to healthcare delivery through multiple operating entities. Summa’s emergency, heart, orthopaedics, stroke and women’s health services are recognized by the following organizations:
· The Leapfrog Group—one of only 26 adult hospitals nationally to receive this designation reflecting quality and safety
· Thomson Healthcare (formerly Solucient)
· The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations
· Premier Healthcare Alliance
· The American Heart Association
Located approximately 35 miles south of Cleveland, Akron is a welcoming community rich in heritage and cultural diversity, offering big city amenities with a hometown feel in one of America’s most affordable metropolitan areas. Residents have convenient access to a number of well-known recreational activities, including professional sports team, world-class museums, theatres and a national park system.