Lociated in picturesque western Virginia, Bristol - "A Good Place to Live" - is at the center of a five-state area (Virginia, Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky and North Carolina).
Combining small city charm with big city conveniences, the "Birthplace of Country Music" is also home to NASCAR's most beloved venue, the Bristol Motor Speedway.
The Bristol File
Bristol Fun Fact
- Education. “All Children Can Learn” is the motto of the Bristol Virginia Public Schools, which annually record standardized test scores above state and national averages.
- Real Estate. Your real estate dollar will go far in Bristol, with affordable options that include historic homes, lofts in turn-of-the-century buildings and planned neighborhoods with plenty of community amenities.
- Family. The combination of a small-town atmosphere, great schools and one of the lowest cost of living averages in the nation makes Bristol a great place for families.
- Culture. In addition to a thriving live music scene, Bristol features a center for the arts and a local art guild, theatre, and ballet company.
- Recreation. Bristol residents enjoy swimming and boating in local lakes, golfing at six courses, exploring the nearby Appalachian Trail and other natural wonders, and more.
- Weather. Bristol's four-season weather includes summers and winters with normal high temperatures around 85 and 45 degrees, respectively.
In 1901, 20 years after Main Street (now State Street) was designated as the state line between Virginia and Tennessee, Tennessee ceded to Virginia the land needed to move the line into the middle of the street.
TeamHealth runs it's SAFE program in Bristol, VA.
is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery
of hospital medicine.
TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized
patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists.
The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training,
information technology and management support systems necessary to
promote the highest quality of care for patients.