TeamHealth - Fairfield County, Connecticut
Fairfield County, CT
Home to four of the state’s biggest cities: Bridgeport, Stamford, Norwalk and Danbury. One of the most affluent counties in the U.S. Part of the New York-Newark-Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA Combined Statistical Area. It is home to numerous celebrities. Notable native: Actress Glenn Close (Greenwich)
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Fairfield County in Brief
Located in the southwest part of Connecticut, Fairfield County is often considered a bedroom community of New York City given its proximity to the Big Apple. It’s home to both middle and upper class communities. Residents enjoy a wonderful quality of life that combines small town tranquility and big city excitement.
The Bristol File
- Education. Fairfield County schools excel in preparing students for the future; Forbes ranked the county #8 in the U.S. in the education arena.
- Real Estate. Fairfield County is home to one of the most impressive and long-standing luxury real estate markets in the U.S., but more affordable options abound as well.
- Family. Fairfield County offers everything parents seek to give their children, including numerous family-friendly activities.
- Culture. Fairfield County offers a rich and varied cultural scene, including numerous symphony orchestras, museums, theaters, festivals and local organizations dedicated to the arts.
- Recreation. Fairfield County residents have many recreation choices, including hiking in nature preserves, skiing down nearby mountains, and kayaking in local lakes.
- Weather. Fairfield County enjoys a temperate, four seasons climate.
Fairfield County Fun Fact
Fairfield County has two registered ghost town attractions: Balls Pond and High Ridge.