TeamHealth - Fort Myers, FL
Inpatient Consultants of Florida, Inc.
Located on the Gulf Coast south of Tampa and north of the Everglades, the City of Palms is the largest city in the Cape Coral-Fort Myers Metropolitan Standard Area. Fort Myers boasts more than 50 golf courses, and is haven for those who enjoy beautiful beaches, boating and fishing.
The Fort Myers File
- Education. Fort Myers’ schools have an excellent reputation; Newsweek has ranked Fort Myers Senior High School as one of the country’s best schools.
- Real Estate. Fort Myers properties range from magnificent waterfront homes, high-rise condos, and gated communities to less expensive single-family homes.
- Family. Fort Myers is a very desirable place to live for families, given its top-notch school system and myriad of year-round recreational activities.
- Culture. The Fort Myers cultural scene includes world-class performing arts, restaurants and watering holes, museums and a nature center/planetarium.
- Recreation. Fort Myers is a great outdoor playground, given its proximity to the Gulf of Mexico, its challenging golf courses and its tropical landscape.
- Weather. Fort Myers features a tropical climate with sunny skies, soft breezes and an occasional afternoon shower. Highs range from the 70s in January to the 90s during the summer months.
Fort Myers Fun Fact
When Fort Myers was platted in 1876, no more than 10 families lived in the original town. By 1885, it was the second largest town on the Gulf Coast south of Cedar Key.
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine. TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists. The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.