TeamHealth - Fort Worth, TX
Inpatient Consultants of Texas
COMMUNITY:Situated in north Texas, Fort Worth is the fifth largest city in the state and covers nearly 300 square miles in Tarrant and Denton counties. With a population now exceeding 700,000, the city is the second largest cultural and economic center of the Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington metropolitan area (commonly called the Metroplex). Established originally in 1849 as a protective Army outpost near the Trinity River, the city of Fort Worth today still embraces its western heritage and traditional architecture and design.Fort Worth is filled with a unique blend of attractions for residents and visitors: the legendary Fort Worth Stockyards, the world-class Cultural District, downtown’s dazzling Sundance Square, the top-ranked Fort Worth Zoo, the annual Fort Worth Stock Show, Texas Motor Speedway and a thriving performing arts scene, including world class museums symphony, ballet, opera and live theater.From cowboys to culture and from sports to shopping, Fort Worth offers so many ways to relive a glorious Western heritage as evidenced by facets of a legendary past around every corner. Truly, Fort Worth is known as the city “Where the West Begins.”
The Forth Worth File
- Education. The Fort Worth Independent School District has instituted VISION 2010 to facilitate its goal of becoming the best urban school district in the U.S.
- Real Estate. Fort Worth is a very affordable place to buy a home; the city has been named by Moody’s Economy.com as one of the best values in the U.S.
- Family. Fort Worth offers many opportunities for family fun, including an extensive network of community programs geared specifically for kids.
- Culture. Fort Worth is considered the museum capital of the Southwest and also supports a thriving performing arts scene that includes symphony, ballet, opera and theater.
- Recreation. Hiking, tennis, swimming, boating, fishing and golfing are among the recreational activities enjoyed in Fort Worth, which has 228 parks.
- Weather. Fort Worth has a moderate climate. Spring and fall are mild, summers are hot, and winters are cool with occasional periods of warm and cold weather.
Fort Worth, one of 10 forts established in 1849 to mark the western Texas frontier, was named for Major General William Jenkins Worth, said to be the best horseman and handsomest man in the Army.
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine.TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists.The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.