Inpatient Consultants of Florida, Inc.COMMUNITY:
In Florida, Greater Miami includes all of Miami-Dade County, an area of more than 2,000 square miles with 84-miles of coastline. The population of 2.2 million people residing in Greater Miami enjoys the advantages of a subtropical resort with a major metropolitan area and a diversified economy. Greater Miami attracts visitors with its white sandy beaches, vibrant nightlife and cultural flavor, not to mention its year-round tropical climate. In addition, Miami-Dade County's unique international culture gives the region a uniquely exciting way of life. As a popular vacation destination, the area features a host of attractions including professional sporting events, the Florida Philharmonic, the New World Symphony, Florida Grand Opera, Miami City Ballet, the Coconut Grove Playhouse, the Everglades, . Outdoor enthusiasts appreciate the abundance of golfing, swimming, tennis, running, bicycling, rollerblading, boating, fishing and scuba diving opportunities that can be enjoyed year-round.
The Miami-Dade County File
- Education. Miami-Dade County has the fourth largest public school district in the U.S. More than 80 percent of graduating seniors continue their education.
- Real Estate. The Miami-Dade County housing market offers everything from waterfront condos to stately single-family homes; it has a stability that’s unique among other U.S. cities, since half of all residences are second homes.
- Family. Miami was #4 among the Best Cities for Families in a 2005 Child.com survey; in 2008, Forbes named it America’s Cleanest City for its year-round good air quality, vast green spaces, clean drinking water, clean streets and citywide recycling program.
- Culture. Miami-Dade County’s vibrant cultural scene includes the Florida Philharmonic, the New World Symphony, Florida Grand Opera, Miami City Ballet and Coconut Grove Playhouse.
- Recreation. The area’s favorable climate allows recreational activities including golf, tennis, biking, swimming, boating and fishing to be enjoyed year-round.
- Weather. Miami-Dade County has a subtropical climate that features warm summers and temperate, winters; the average monthly temperature never dips below 60 degrees.
Miami-Dade County Fun Fact
Miami is the only major city in the U.S. that was founded by a woman; Julia Tuttle was a local citrus grower and a wealthy Cleveland native.
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine.TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists.The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.