TeamHealth - Houston, TX
Inpatient Consultants of Texas
Dubbed Space City, Houston is the 4th largest city in the U.S. and the home of NASA’s Johnson Space Center. From professional sports to outdoor fun, to an out-of-this-world space experience and incredible dining-- it's all in Houston! Stroll the beaches of Galveston or challenge yourself on one of Houston's many golf courses. Space City offers everything from breathtaking museum exhibits to vibrant downtown entertainment. Explore the wonder of space or spend the day shopping to your heart’s content.
The Houston File
- Education. More than 30 independent school districts operate in Harris County, and many of them have received awards of excellence from the state of Texas.
- Real Estate. Houston offers excellent housing choices in both urban neighborhoods and outlying communities; housing costs are 26 percent below the national average.
- Family. Houston is a very family-oriented community; local activities and festivals catering to children and their parents are abundant.
- Culture. Houston is a mecca for culture, offering everything from world-class museums and galleries to performing arts including ballet, symphony, opera and theater.
- Recreation. Houston has more than 165 golf courses and is third largest pleasure boat basin in the U.S. Residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
- Weather. Houston’s temperate climate sustains tropical vegetation and is known for its humidity; highs range from the 90s in the summer to the 60s in the winter.
Houston Fun Fact
Houston was founded in 1836, 10 years before Texas became a state, by brothers who paid just over $1.40 an acre for 6,642 acres of land near the headwaters of the Buffalo Bayou.
TeamHealth practices in various facilities in the Houston metropolitan area.
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine.TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists.The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.