TeamHealth - McAllen, TX
Located at the southern tip of Texas with its cultural hub in the Rio Grande Valley, South Texas is an area featuring family friendly communities and the amenities of major cities. The region is evolving from an agriculture-based economy to a major international trade hub and is home of festivals including the Charro Days Fiesta and Sombrero Festival. Notable native: singer and actor Kris Kristofferson
The South Texas File
- Education. South Texas students are served by several public school systems as well as magnet schools operated by the South Texas Independent School District.
- Real Estate. South Texas has a large selection of affordable single- and multi-family homes, townhouses, and condos as well as land, farms, and ranches.
- Family. South Texas is an area that places great importance on the family unit, something that’s reflected by numerous child-focused events and attractions.
- Culture. South Texas offers a variety of cultural attractions, everything from entertainment districts to art galleries, live music, museums and theatrical productions.
- Recreation. South Texas residents can enjoy outdoor recreation all year long, including birdwatching, biking, golfing, fishing, hunting, swimming and more.
- Weather. South Texas has a semi-arid climate that features warm winters and hot summers; the average highs in January and August are 70 and 96, respectively.
South Texas Fun Fact
South Texas is home to organizations including the World Birding Center and the International Cat Association (TICA).
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine. TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of the hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists. The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and mangaement support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.