TeamHealth - Mid-Michigan
Mid-Michigan in Brief
Michigan's Great Lakes Bay Region, with the Tri-Cities of Saginaw, Bay City and Midland being most prominent, has plenty to offer residents who enjoy cultural or outdoor pursuits. The area features a nice mix of art, shopping and outdoorsy activities, along with a family-friendly feel.
The Mid-Michigan File
- Education. The Bay City, Saginaw and Midland Public Schools are focused on producing tomorrow's leaders, as are the smaller districts that serve West Branch and Clare.
- Real Estate.Your real estate dollar will go far in Mid-Michigan, with options that include historical homes, single-family homes on large lots and waterfront properties.
- Family. The combination of a small-town atmosphere, great schools and affordable real estate make Mid-Michigan a great place for families.
- Culture. The residents of Mid-Michigan have an appreciation for performance and visual arts that's reflected at unique venues providing a range of cultural activities.
- Recreation. From boating, fishing and swimming to birding, camping and golfing, Mid-Michigan offers ample opportunities to enjoy the great outdoors.
- Weather. Summer highs in Mid-Michigan hover around the 80-degree mark, while winter temperatures are in the 20- to 30-degree range.
Mid-Michigan Fun Fact
Compared to other communities its size, Saginaw has a disproportionately high number of patents per employee, and more than 80 times the average U.S. share of jobs in photovoltaic technology research and production