Monroe, with a growing population of 28,500 residents, is within a short 30 minute commute from Charlotte. The town exudes Southern charm with a Victorian courthouse and a quaint downtown surrounded by stately historic homes and tree-lined streets. This city has its own airport, a community college campus, and a busy retail district. For outdoor entertainment, there are golf courses, country clubs, sports leagues, camps and horse stables. For big city excitement, visit Charlotte, where you will find a vast array of family-oriented destinations, from museums and shopping centers to golf courses and historic sites.
The Charlotte File
- Education. Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools is the largest public school system in the state and the region prides itself on its high educational standards.
- Real Estate. Charlotte is one of the most affordable cities in the U.S., and housing choices include everything from historic homes and townhomes to luxury condominiums.
- Family. Charlotte offers a superior quality of life, based on its temperate climate, scenic beauty and variety of natural attractions.
- Culture. Charlotte's is committed to culture, and its increasingly varied social calendar includes opera, art, ballet, theatre, architecture, museums, and more.
- Recreation. Boating, swimming, water skiing and fishing are enjoyed in unspoiled wooded environments 20 minutes from uptown Charlotte; the nearby mountains facilitate skiing, backpacking, hiking and climbing.
- Weather. Charlotte is located in a subtropical and moderate climate zone, which means it has mild winters and warm summers.
Charlotte Fun Fact
The area that is now Charlotte was first settled in 1775, the uncle of President James K. Polk stopped and built his home at the intersection of two Native American trading paths.
TeamHealth - Monroe/Charlotte practice: Union Regional Medical.
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine.
TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists.
The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.