TeamHealth - Morristown, NJ
Morristown is a town in Morris County, New Jersey, United States. As of the United States 2000 Census, the town population was 18,544. Its estimated population in 2004 was 18,842. It is the county seat of Morris County. Morristown became characterized as the military capital of the American Revolution because of its strategic role in the war for independence from Great Britain.The area was inhabited by Native Americans for more than 2,800 years prior to exploration by Europeans. The first European settlements in this portion of New Jersey were established by the Swedes and Dutch in the early 1600s where a significant trade in furs existed between the natives and the Europeans at temporary posts.
The Morristown File
- Education. Morristown residents enjoy one of the best public school districts in the state, a unifying social force and source of tremendous pride since 1854.
- Family. Morristown's quaint atmosphere and community-minded population make it a wonderful place to raise a family.
- Culture. Morristown's energized downtown is the perfect setting for dining, entertainment, special events and shopping... and U.S. history abounds.
- Recreation. Morristown has many parks with a variety of facilities, a community pool, and a recreation department focused on providing recreation and leisure activities for residents of all ages.
- Weather. Temperatures in Morristown range from the highs in the 80s in the heat of summers to highs in the 40s during the winter months.
Morristown Fun Fact
The National Trust for Historic Preservation has named Morristown as one of its "Dozen Distinctive Destinations" due to its many historic attractions and museums.
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine. TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists. The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.