TeamHealth - Mountain Region, NC
The Mountain Region in Brief
Located in the western part of the state, the Mountain Region (Consisting of Hendersville, Asheville, Hickory and Boone) is an area of breathtaking beauty, from soaring mountain peaks to gorgeous valleys. The pace of life is a bit slower in the cities and towns of this region, which makes them great places for families and those who seek to enjoy nature's bounty in four distinct seasons.
The Mountain Region File
- Education. Public and private schools throughout the Mountain Region take their role of preparing students for future academic and career success very seriously.
- Real Estate Housing costs in much of the Mountain Region are significantly lower than the state and national averages.
- Family The Mountain Region offers a wide variety of family-friendly activities, including some you won't find most other places, like whitewater rafting, gold and gem mining, and zip lining.
- Culture. Whether you seek theater, dance, music, chorale, art, museums or anything else in the cultural realm, the Mountain Region will deliver.
- Recreation. The Mountain Region offers a wealth of recreational opportunities including walking, hiking, biking, fishing, horseback riding, tennis, soccer, basketball, golf and countless activities organized by recreation centers.
- Weather. Due to its elevation, the weather can change quickly in the Mountain Region and the seasons can be hard to predict. The higher you go, the cooler it's apt to be.
Asheville's Biltmore Estate, a 250-room French-inspired chateau that was completed in 1895 as the summer home of George Vanderbilt, is the largest privately owned residence in America.