TeamHealth - New London, CT
TeamHealth of Connecticut
Located midway between New York City and Boston on the shores of the Thames River and Long Island Sound, New London is steeped in New England culture. A sense of community defines this charming city, which is home to important historic landmarks, acres of public parks and many museums.
The New London File
- Education. The New London Public Schools have a well-deserved reputation for excellence and the city is also home to several respected colleges.
- Real Estate. New London offers real estate variety, everything from intimate residential neighborhoods to lively downtown or waterfront living.
- Family. With a population of just over 25,000, New London provides a wonderful small-town atmosphere in which to raise a family.
- Culture. New London offers a rich cultural scene, including numerous art galleries, museums, theaters and a unique maritime atmosphere.
- Recreation. The New London Parks Conservancy leads the effort to ensure that residents can make the most of the city's 26 parks, and water activities abound during the summer months.
- Weather. New London enjoys a temperate climate, due to its long coastline on the Long Island Sound. While its winters are cold, summers are hot and humid, spring offers variable temperatures and fall is mild.
New London Fun Fact
For several decades beginning in the early 19th century, New London was the second busiest whaling port in the world.
Lawrence & Memorial is a not-for-profit, general, acute care, private hospital that has been serving this region since 1912. We are licensed for 280 beds and provide patient care to medical, surgical, pediatric, rehab, psychiatric, and obstetrical patients.
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine. TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists. The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.