TeamHealth - Philadelphia PA
Philadelphia in Brief
Philadelphia is a commercial, educational and cultural center that was a centerpiece of early American history. Its signature brand, Life • Liberty • And You™, features the iconic Liberty Bell. The fifth largest urban area in the U.S., "Philly" is just 46 miles southwest of New York City.
The Philadelphia File
- Education. The School District of Philadelphia is the eighth largest in the U.S. and the city is home to more than 80 colleges, universities, trade, and specialty schools.
- Real Estate. Philadelphia real estate offers everything from sleek city condos and hip neighborhood townhomes to older homes with historic charm.
- Family. The combination of history and progress make Philadelphia an excellent place to raise a family; 25% of the city’s population is under 18.
- Culture. Philadelphia’s Office of Arts, Culture and the Creative Economy oversees its many dance, film, museum, gallery, music, theater and historic attractions.
- Recreation. Philadelphia is home to the world’s largest landscaped urban park, Fairmont Park, as well as many other neighborhood and regional parks.
- Weather. The Philadelphia climate is truly four seasons, with warm summers, mild spring and fall, and cold winters.
Philadelphia is Greek for brotherly love (from philos, "love" or "friendship," and adelphos, "brother.")