TeamHealth - Port Charlotte, FL
Inpatient Consultants of Florida, Inc.
Located south of Tampa and north of the Everglades, Port Charlotte is a small city that features a relaxed pace of life and warm, southern hospitality. The Charlotte Harbor region features upland and aquatic preserve areas; beautiful beaches; a variety of cultural pursuits; and world-class fishing, boating and sailing.
The Port Charlotte File
- Education. The Charlotte County School District has a mission to ensure that all students achieve their highest personal potential.
- Real Estate. Port Charlotte offers real estate choices for every budget, from luxury estates to more modest homes; it’s one of the most affordable coastal areas in Florida.
- Family. Port Charlotte is a great place for families; its cost of living index of 86.2 is well below the U.S. average of 100.
- Culture. Port Charlotte is home to the Charlotte Symphony Orchestra and the Charlotte County Historical Center, a waterfront museum.
- Recreation. Port Charlotte is a great outdoor year-round playground; SAIL Magazine named Charlotte Harbor as one of the 10 Greatest Places to Sail.
- Weather. Port Charlotte features a tropical climate with sunny skies, soft breezes and an occasional afternoon shower. Highs range from the 70s in January to the 90s during the summer months.
Port Charlotte Fun Fact
Port Charlotte was largely platted and developed by the now-defunct General Development Corporation; it’s not a chartered municipality, but is the most populated area in Charlotte County.
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine. TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists. The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.