TeamHealth - Southeast Michigan
Southeast Michigan in Brief
Southeast Michigan, featuring miles of beautiful shoreline on the Detroit River, Lake Erie and Lake St. Clair, is home to Detroit, a vibrant, diverse and cultural city focused on building on the past glory of Motown and automotive innovation. A revitalized waterfront district defines the city’s current renaissance.
The Southeast Michigan File
- Education. Southeast Michigan schools are focused on preparing students to be successful in both their college studies and their careers.
- Real Estate. Southeast Michigan homes have never been more affordable, so buyers can find good deals both within Detroit and in its beautiful suburban areas.
- Family. The abundance of activities in the Southeast Michigan area are geared for children and demonstrates the strong family values that exist here.
- Culture. Southeast Michigan offers a wealth of cultural activities, everything from museums, music and performing arts to galleries, fine dining and casino gambling.
- Recreation. Recreation centers throughout Southeast Michigan provide weather-appropriate activities year-round, including tennis, ice skating, hockey and swimming.
- Weather. Southeast Michigan has four distinct seasons; summers are warm, autumn has beautiful foliage and winters are snowy.
Detroit’s name is derived from Fort Pontchartrain du Detroit, which was established in 1701 as trading post between the area’s French and the Native American