TeamHealth - Southeastern MA
Southeastern Massachusetts in Brief
Southeastern Massachusetts is linked from an economic and cultural standpoint to Providence, Rhode Island and Boston. The region is steeped in history, and home to people who relish a slower-paced lifestyle focused on family and community.
The Southeastern Massachusetts File
- Education. Taunton students attend Taunton Public Schools, while Charlton students attend schools in the Dudley-Charlton Regional School District.
- Real Estate. The Southeastern Massachusetts housing market includes a variety of options, from historic properties and rural estates to condos and townhomes.
- Family. Southeastern Massachusetts offers a wealth of events and activities designed with families in mind, and also has many parks and playgrounds.
- Culture. Residents and tourists alike enjoy the region’s vibrant culture and unique history, which includes museums, local theater, and art galleries.
- Recreation. Southeastern Massachusetts’ residents enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities, including tennis, golf, water sports, running, yoga and more.
- Weather. Southeastern Massachusetts experiences a continental climate; summers are warm and humid, while winters are cold and snowy.
Founded in 1637, Taunton is one of the oldest towns in the U.S.