TeamHealth - Spokane, WA
COMMUNITY:The hub of the Inland Northwest for more than 150 years, Spokane offers the amenities you’d find in a large city along with the community spirit that’s present in smaller municipalities. The Spokane River and its falls are a focal point for the city, which features a diverse population, rich cultural scene, and abundant recreation opportunities.
Called The Lilac City; also known as the "Birthplace of Father's Day." Its motto: "Near Nature. Near Perfect." Just 20 miles east of Idaho and 110 miles south of Canada. Between the Rockies and Cascade Mountains, which protect it from typical Pacific Northwest weather patterns. Notable native: actor Craig T. Nelson.
The Spokane File
- Education. Spokane has four public school districts and is also home to a number of public and private universities.
- Real Estate. Housing costs in Spokane are significantly lower than the Washington State average, with options including everything from townhomes and condos to single-family homes and riverfront estates.
- Family. Spokane is large enough to have many amenities of larger cities, but small enough to support annual events and traditions and boast a small town atmosphere that’s especially welcoming to families.
- Culture. Spokane’s cultural attractions include several museums, a major civic theater and several smaller ones, a symphony, jazz orchestra, opera house, and vibrant arts scene.
- Recreation. There’s no shortage of recreational activities for Spokane residents, as the city is close to dozens of lakes and rivers for swimming, boating, rafting and fishing, and mountains for skiing, hiking and biking.
- Weather. Spokane features a four-season climate usually found in the Northwest region of the US.
Spokane Fun Fact
Spokane is a Native American word meaning "Children of the Sun."
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine. TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists.The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.