TeamHealth - St. Louis, MO
Inpatient Consultants of Missouri, Inc.COMMUNITY:
The city of St. Louis, Missouri is the historic center of a 2.5 million person metropolitan area in the heart of America. Much of St. Louis is described as rolling upland, but is really more flat than rolling, with a few gentle rises, and steeper slopes. According to the St. Louis Blues Society, there are more working blues musicians in St. Louis than in any place else in the world. For fun, visit Gateway Arch (the nation's tallest man-made monument), Missouri Botanical Garden or the Saint Louis Zoo. Or enjoy big, bold steakhouses, ethnic bistros and famous Italian restaurants. One forkful and you'll find out why St. Louis is called one of the best restaurant towns in America.
The St. Louis File
- Education. The St. Louis metropolitan area has many exceptional public school systems with a very large number of outstanding private schools throughout the area.
- Real Estate. St. Louis has a remarkably low cost of living for everything it offers, and that includes the price of housing, which is below the national average.
- Family. St. Louis’ neighborhoods foster connectivity among people that is rare today in large metropolitan areas; people develop strong ties to their surroundings.
- Culture. St. Louis has a robust cultural scene that includes dance and theater, museums, music venues, galleries, and fine restaurants.
- Recreation. Greater St. Louis boasts myriad recreational opportunities, including more than 100 golf courses, more than 100 parks, and about 200 miles of trails for cycling, running and walking.
- Weather. St. Louis has four very distinct seasons with a moderate climate throughout winter months. Temperatures range in the 20's to 30's in winter and 70's to 80's in summer.
St. Louis Fun Fact
The site of St. Louis, named for Louis IX of France, was selected as a fur trading post in 1764 because it was not subject to flooding, yet was near where the Mississippi and Missouri rivers meet.
TeamHealth practices in various facilities throughout the St. Louis metropolitan area.
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine.TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists.The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.