Inpatient Consultants of Ohio, Inc.
Located on the western side of Lake Erie on the Michigan border, Toledo sits and serves as the county seat of Lucas County in the state of Ohio. With a population of almost 300,000, Toledo maintains its place as the fourth largest city in the state. Besides its strong presence in the automotive industry, Toledo is developing an international reputation as a center for alternative fuels and “clean” technology development.A strong agricultural economy in the Toledo area provides the raw materials and the developing University of Toledo Technology Corridor is providing the intellectual capital for Toledo’s economic renaissance.Toledo, like several other cities in the varying significantly in temperature and precipitation. Residents and visitors enjoy the Toledo Museum of Art, Toledo Zoo, a 47-acre arboretum, diverse restaurants, theaters and sporting events. Maumee Bay and Lake Erie provide ample recreational opportunities for boating and fishing enthusiasts.
The Toledo File
- Education. The Toledo Public Schools is one of the largest urban districts in Ohio, and additional educational options such as private and charter schools are abundant.
- Real Estate. Toledo offers housing choices at all ends of the spectrum, but the median home price remains quite affordable at a little more than $100,000.
- Family. With a Cost of Living Index of 95.4 (below the U.S. average of 100), the amenities of a large city and a small-town feel, Toledo is an excellent place to raise a family.
- Culture. Toledo has a symphony, jazz orchestra and ballet as well as several theater groups, museums and art galleries.
- Recreation. Toledo residents enjoy recreational opportunities of all types, including hiking, biking, fishing, swimming and other water activities, and golf.
- Weather. Toledo experiences a lake-moderated continental climate, characterized by four distinct seasons. January and July highs average 33 and 87 degrees, respectively.
Toledo Fun Fact
The Toledo War, an almost bloodless conflict in 1835 and 1836 between Ohio and the Michigan Territory, was fought over a narrow strip of land that now contains the city of Toledo and two suburbs.
1.A 774-bed acute-care facility serving a 27-county area in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan.
2.A 56-bed (general pediatrics) and 18-bed (pediatric intensive care unit) hospital located within a hospital.
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine.TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists.The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.