TeamHealth Hospitalists of New England, P.C.
A robust, vibrant city in the heart of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Worcester combines the warmth of a small town with the convenience of a thriving city. With a population over 175,000, Worcesteris the state's second-largest city after Boston and is located just amere hour's distance from Boston, MA, Springfield, MA, Providence, RI and Hartford, CT. Once among the pre-eminent manufacturing cities in the nation, Worcester has transformed itself into a leader in advanced manufacturing, information technology, biotechnology, health care and medical research. Residents of Worcester enjoy community oriented neighborhoods, the finest urban school systems in New England and the cultural vibrancy of the city, which features world-renowned museums and concert halls, theatres, galleries, as well as a wealth of performing groups, ethnic festivals and artists of every discipline.The Worcester File
Worcester Fun Fact
- Education. The Worcester Public Schools are one of the finest urban school systems in New England.
- Real Estate. Worcester's housing market offers everything from luxury estates on wooded lots to more affordable homes and townhouses.
- Family. Worcester has one of the lowest serious crime rates in the U.S. for cities of 100,000 or more, and it's been named an All-American City a record five times.
- Culture. Worcester boasts several noteworthy libraries and museums as well as a number of performing arts centers and arenas; it's home to the oldest music festival in the U.S.
- Recreation. Worcester residents enjoy recreational opportunities of all types, including hiking, camping, golf, skiing, paintball, whitewater rafting and more.
- Weather. Worcester experiences a continental climate; the weather can change quickly. Summers are warm and humid, while winters are cold, windy and snowy.
Worcester played an important role in the political development of the U.S., being home to pamphleteer Isaiah Thomas, whose words helped unite opposition to the British.
A 47- bed long-term acute care hospital that specializes in providing comprehensive care, including medically complex care and short-term rehabilitation to patients in central Massachusetts.
TeamHealth is a leading national physician group practice focused on the delivery of hospital medicine.TeamHealth hospitalists manage the care of hospitalized patients in coordination with primary care physicians and specialists.The Company provides its hospitalists with the comprehensive training, information technology and management support systems necessary to promote the highest quality of care for patients.