The Hospitals of Providence Sierra Campus
Sierra Medical Center has been on the forefront of Cardiac and Neurological services for more than 30 years. The hospital has more than 350 beds and offers a full range of advanced medical and surgical services to El Paso, and to the outlying communities of west Texas, southern New Mexico and to our international neighbors in northern Mexico.
Sierra is accredited as a Chest Pain Center with a PCI designation from the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Our nationally recognized surgery department offers El Paso’s only Stereotactic Radiosurgery.
For two consecutive years, Sierra has been rated number one in the El Paso Region for clinical excellence in overall orthopedic services by HealthGrades, a leading source for independent healthcare quality information. Sierra is also the only hospital in El Paso ranked in the top five percent of hospitals nationally for overall orthopedic services.
Our reputation for providing families with quality health care in an advanced acute care setting is evident in the dedication our physicians, nurses and staff have for the well being of our consumers in our community. For three years in a row, Sierra has been recognized with the Consumer Choice Award from the National Research Corporation. The award is based on consumer preference responses for hospitals chosen by people in our community for best image and overall quality.
- Advanced Cardiac Care - includes balloon angioplasty, open heart surgery, coronary stent placement and coronary bypass surgery
- Level III Regional Neonatal Intensive Care Nursery - services for critically ill or premature babies
- Advanced Neurological Care - includes MinOp System-Endoscopic Neurosurgery, Deep Brain Stimulation and Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Teleneuro - puts stroke patients in the care of a specialized neurologist within 15 minutes
- Gamma Knife Radiosurgery - a non-invasive surgical procedure that is used to treat brain tumors and other intracranial malformations
Sierra Medical Center also offers advanced health care services in the following areas:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Autologous Blood Storage
- Diagnostic Lab & Imaging
- HDR Brachytherapy
- Obstetric Services
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy
- VIAS™ - Ventana Image Analysis System for detecting breast cancer cells
2.8 million people live in the region of El Paso. There is an active Army base with 31,000 members. El Paso is one of the most family friends cities in the country, and ranked the second safest largest city. El Paso’s residents enjoy a lower than average cost of living and successful public school system that has been the model for other school systems in the country. There are private schools as well to chose from. Families can enjoy the many public parks (home to the largest urban park in the nation) and golf courses year-round in addition to over 50 museums and art galleries. The Sun Bowl is located in El Paso. Texas is a tort reform state; therefore, physician friendly. El Paso has a minor league baseball team, symphony, museums, excellent dining options and shopping. The El Paso airport is very easy to get in and out of making travel simple and efficient. You can enjoy living in the mountains, and skiing is just two hours away.