The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Practice where the ambition is to drive breakthrough healthcare solutions that improve people’s lives
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center will challenge you, reward you and give you the chance to make an impact through high-quality, safe, efficient, patient-centered care. As the only academic health center in central Ohio, we can offer you the personal growth opportunities and diverse patient cases that can fuel a career from day one to retirement.
As a valued member of a multidisciplinary team, you’ll have access to the resources, research and support you need to excel. The Ohio State University, one of the largest universities in the nation, furthers our dynamic environment and strengthens clinical practices with education and research possibilities as broad as your imagination. You can choose the track of practice that best suits your interests: clinical, clinical-research or research.
There’s room for everyone at Ohio State, regardless of your specialty or background-notused: The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center was just listed among the top five companies in the country on Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity list.
And for the 27th consecutive year, we’ve been ranked on U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals list. Because of our size, our patient population presents cases from simple to complex, with a range of unique co-morbidities. If you’re interested in challenging and expanding your medical expertise, come to Ohio State.
View all rankings and awards.
Wexner Medical Center stats
- University Hospital
- East Hospital
- Arthur G. James Cancer Hospital and Richard J. Solove Research Institute
- Richard M. Ross Heart Hospital
- Brain and Spine Hospital
- Ohio State Harding Hospital
- Dodd Rehabilitation Hospital
More than 100 central Ohio facilities, including:
- Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute
- Talbot Addiction Medicine
- Ohio State Eye and Ear Institute
- Ohio State Integrative Medicine
- Walk-in Care Clinics
- AfterHours Care
- Nine multispecialty community locations
Ohio State is improving and expanding
Ohio State is committed to creating the model academic health center of the future. As part of this goal, we’ve dedicated $3 billion to creating new, state-of-the-art facilities for research, education and patient care.
These facilities include:
- A new, 840-bed inpatient hospital that improves multidisciplinary collaboration among specialties, including with The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center – James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute
- Three large suburban outpatient care facilities that offer care from routine to specialty—even vision and dental care
- A new outpatient care center on our West Campus that features central Ohio’s first proton therapy treatment facility
- A 270-square-foot biomedical research facility with tremendous opportunities for collaboration and experimental research with its core lab space, wet labs and 15,000-square-foot vivarium
- An Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Center that will serve as the new home to Ohio State’s College of Medicine as well as the centerpiece of our health sciences program
Life in Columbus
We understand that relocating your life is a big deal, and you’re interested in what life will look like beyond the hospital walls. You’re in luck: It’s likely that Columbus has more than you expected. Of course, we love our city—it’s a great place to start out, to stay, to raise a family, to explore—but we’re admittedly partial.
From historic communities and suburban living to college crowds and nightlife, Columbus is a friendly Midwestern town with metropolitan style. The city is renowned for its leading technological companies, vast academic resources, thriving industry and eclectic mix of entertainment, dining and shopping.
Hear why our team loves living and working in Columbus.